Thursday, March 15, 2007

Quick Taco Pie

New recipe I tried last night. The only thing I didn't like about it was the crescent roll crust. I didn't like the sweet flavor it gave it. Next time, I think I will try just using a tortilla or two for the crust. Or maybe a premade pizza crust.

1 package taco seasoning mix
1 to 1.5 pounds ground chuck (I can never find 1 pound pkgs anymore)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sliced black olives (optional - didn't include; Husband doesn't like them)
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls (see note above)
2 cups crushed Fritos corn chips
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (I used monterey jack & cheddar mix)

In a large fry pan, brown the ground chuck. Drain. Stir in seasoning mix, water, and olives. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles in an ungreased 10-inch pie pan (I used the Pampered Chef 9x9 square baker), pressing to form a crust. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips over the bottom of crust. Spoon meat mixture over corn chips. Spread sour cream over meat mixture. Cover with cheese. Sprinkle remaining corn chips over the top.

Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

Based on this recipe from allrecipes.com, with minor changes.

No comments: