Sunday, November 26, 2006

Easy Fruit Salad

2 large cans fruit cocktail
1 regular can (15 oz?) very cherry fruit cocktail
1 can (15 oz?) mandarin oranges
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
1 small can peach slices, drained
1 cup (or to taste) English walnuts, chopped
1/2 box french vanilla pudding mix (not prepared)

Combine fruit and nuts. I included the juice from most but not all of the canned fruit. Add dry pudding mix (I used about half of a regular-sized box) and mix well. Refrigerate. Best after it sits overnight.

You can use pretty much any kind of fruit you like. I used what I bought at the store then added some more fruit I found in my pantry. You can also make it with fresh fruit. I call this "easy" because I even purchased the nuts already chopped, so all I had to do was combine the ingredients.

No comments: