Thursday, February 07, 2008

Pork Tenderloin

Pork tenderloin is surprisingly low on calories and fat but quite delicious. I wanted to note how I made this one for future reference

First I took a baking sheet and put two layers of aluminum foil on it. I placed my whole pork tenderloin on it. I put about 1-2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in my hands and rubbed it all over the tenderloin. Then I sprinkled both sides with seasoned salt, garlic powder and Kroger brand steak seasoning (the kind like Montreal steak seasoning). Then rubbed all of that seasoning in and pressed it into the meat.

Baked at 375 for 30 minutes. Turned the oven off and left it in the oven for another 10-15 minutes while I made the salad.

Tender and juicy!

For the Kroger brand tenderloin I had, the numbers for a 4 oz. serving (not
counting the olive oil and seasoning I added) were approximately:

100 Calories
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 50mg
Sodium 390mg
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 22g

No comments: