Thursday, January 10, 2008

Garlic & Herb Baked Chicken

We need lots of good (and easy) heart healthy chicken recipes, if you have any! This is what I made last night. I experimented with cooking it in foil and it came out pretty good.

1 envelope McCormick Grill Mates® Garlic, Herb & Wine Marinade
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil (actually I used a little less than this)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Mix marinade with water then add olive oil and stir well. In glass bowl or plastic bag, coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes or so. [The marinade mix calls for some vinegar also but I didn't have any.]

Line baking pan with a couple of layers of aluminum foil. Place chicken on foil. Top with another layer of foil and seal edges. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

I served this with Uncle Ben's whole grain brown & wild rice mix that you cook in the bag in the microwave for 90 seconds and steamed green beans.

No comments: