- 1 13 oz. package pasta (I used whole grain penne)
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small jar sliced mushrooms
- 2 6-oz. packages Perdue Italian Style chicken shortcuts
- 10-oz. jar Classico Traditional Basil Pesto sauce (more or less, to taste)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese (I used approximately 2 Tbsp.)
Cook pasta according to package directions. While it cooks, saute garlic, onion, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil, approx. 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms and chicken and cook until warmed through.
Drain pasta and return to the pot. Add pesto sauce and chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly. Add enough olive oil so that it's not too dry. Season with remaining seasonings to taste and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Heat up again if necessary (by the time I got the seasonings the way I wanted them, it needed to be warmed up a little) and serve.