Monday, September 23, 2013

Berry Cherry "Green" Smoothie

I just recently started making green smoothies and this is my favorite so far. I'm a big fan of berry flavors so haven't ventured away from that yet. Adding the cherries made this one just right for me. This has more sugar than some green smoothies but starting out, I am going with what tastes good to me so I can get in the habit of drinking them regularly.

Tips: Use organic ingredients. I use a regular Oster blender and it works fine although there are better blenders out there that will make it easier. I don't actually measure anything so measurements are approximate and can be adjusted to your taste.

1 cup apple juice
4 Tbsp. Hemp powder
1 scoop Amazing Grass
1Tbsp. Freshly ground flax seed
2 leaves fresh kale, destemmed
Handful of fresh spinach
1 or 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 cup frozen berry medley (raspberries, blackberries & strawberries)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen pitted cherries


Add apple juice, hemp. Amazing Grass and flax seed and blend.  Add greens and blend. Add fruit and blend some more. Add a little water if too thick. Blend until smooth.

No comments: